- Temporary Work, Permanent Abuse: How Big Business Destroys Good Jobs
- Temporary Work, Permanent Abuse captures stories of U.S. blue-collar temps based on surveys and focus groups administered in four critical regions: California, Illinois, Massachusetts, New Jersey and Rhode Island. It links themes from workers’ stories with the most up-to-date research on the changing U.S. economy and pernicious problems in workplace enforcement. It illuminates the intersection of major corporate practices and public policy failures.
Freeman/Gonos Research – Two articles from Harris Freeman – Western New England University School of Law; Massachusetts Dept. of Labor Relations and George Gonos – State University of New York at Potsdam.
- Taming the Employment Sharks
- The Challenge of Temporary Work
W.E. Upjohn Institute – Susan N. Houseman, Senior Economist and Researcher
Chicago based research
- Chicago day labor study
- Contingent Chicago
- Carceral Chicago: Making the Ex-offender Employability Crisis
New Labor (New Jersey)
- New Jersey’s Supply Chain Pain: Warehouse & Logistics Work Under Walmart and Other Big Box Retailers